Namco Pools - 15 Ft Willow Pool collapsed after 5 years

12 of 33 Namco Pools reviews

About 2 years after purchasing the pool a leak started on the hose going into the pool for the water output.It was dripping, very slowly, on the outside of the pool.

At the end of the season we called the installers who came and replaced the piece going into the wall. The liner looked a little twisted around the output valve on the inside of the pool but we didn't think anything of it. The leak on the outside had stopped. Fast forward 3 years.

In late July or August we noticed the side of the pool near the water output had a crease in the side, under an upright, and the wall was pulling away from the upright. Researched on the internet and couldn't find any info on this happening in summer, only after at lot of snow. No mention of what could cause this in the summer months. I tried pushing it out with my foot, not too forcefully, from the inside of the pool but it wouldn't pop out.

It said to hammer it out with a rubber mallet from the outside wall while holding a 2x4 against the inside wall after draining the water. We planned on doing that when we closed the pool next week. So we're in the pool on Sunday and for the heck of it I tried pushing the dent out with my foot again, gently. It went very easily with an audible "pop" and created an even bigger dent.

I walked away and started up the ladder, my partner was standing by the ladder, and all of the sudden I hear metal crunching and her screaming. The entire pool collapsed.

The walls were so badly rusted and the metal bolts holding the wall together were corroded and it couldn't have been caused by that leak alone.See for yourselves.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Namco Pools 15 Ft Round Pool
Review category
Plumbing fixtures
review #696223

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Namco Pools? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
12 of 33 Namco Pools reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 26, 2015 #1039381

I too have a Willow model (24ft) from Namco. It is 7 years old & has bad rust on top rails and we've been be able to feel rust under the liner on one side for several years. I see this in our future. This company has closed all stores in PA/NJ/MD. BUY ELSEWHERE. You get what you pay for & the Willow was cheap. Have had online bad experience with no reply to winter product inquiries. Why have a customer service option if you're not going to reply?

0 0 Reply

Sep 08, 2015 #1031297

This happened in Wethersfield ct not in Kansas city

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.