About 2 years after purchasing the pool a leak started on the hose going into the pool for the water output.It was dripping, very slowly, on the outside of the pool.
At the end of the season we called the installers who came and replaced the piece going into the wall. The liner looked a little twisted around the output valve on the inside of the pool but we didn't think anything of it. The leak on the outside had stopped. Fast forward 3 years.
In late July or August we noticed the side of the pool near the water output had a crease in the side, under an upright, and the wall was pulling away from the upright. Researched on the internet and couldn't find any info on this happening in summer, only after at lot of snow. No mention of what could cause this in the summer months. I tried pushing it out with my foot, not too forcefully, from the inside of the pool but it wouldn't pop out.
It said to hammer it out with a rubber mallet from the outside wall while holding a 2x4 against the inside wall after draining the water. We planned on doing that when we closed the pool next week. So we're in the pool on Sunday and for the heck of it I tried pushing the dent out with my foot again, gently. It went very easily with an audible "pop" and created an even bigger dent.
I walked away and started up the ladder, my partner was standing by the ladder, and all of the sudden I hear metal crunching and her screaming. The entire pool collapsed.
The walls were so badly rusted and the metal bolts holding the wall together were corroded and it couldn't have been caused by that leak alone.See for yourselves.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Namco Pools 15 Ft Round Pool
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Bought pool in 2010. It started to rust in 2012, tried to get the situation remedied without any luck, did not know what parts to get the cost of..."
- "Our aquaglass tub shower unit was installed in 2007 when our house was built. It has been fixed 3 times due to poor quality. Seems to want to crack..."
- "I purchased an Ultra hot tub cover from HotTubWorks.com. The cover I chose was recommended for colder climates; “ULTRA, Made for Snowy Weather”; which I paid extra for. According..."
- "I ordered Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World. Digital version. They billed me but did not send me the download code and instructions for downloading the game. This is..."
- "so far I'm loving the deal I got with wholesale. Everything works great, it's cheap and it serves it's purpose. wholesale is unmanaged so you gotta be intelligent. The server..."
- "They can tweet and tweet and I did everything I could to message them but I'm blocked. I was charge for an item I wanted and never received. They won't..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."