About 2 years after purchasing the pool a leak started on the hose going into the pool for the water output.It was dripping, very slowly, on the outside of the pool.
At the end of the season we called the installers who came and replaced the piece going into the wall. The liner looked a little twisted around the output valve on the inside of the pool but we didn't think anything of it. The leak on the outside had stopped. Fast forward 3 years.
In late July or August we noticed the side of the pool near the water output had a crease in the side, under an upright, and the wall was pulling away from the upright. Researched on the internet and couldn't find any info on this happening in summer, only after at lot of snow. No mention of what could cause this in the summer months. I tried pushing it out with my foot, not too forcefully, from the inside of the pool but it wouldn't pop out.
It said to hammer it out with a rubber mallet from the outside wall while holding a 2x4 against the inside wall after draining the water. We planned on doing that when we closed the pool next week. So we're in the pool on Sunday and for the heck of it I tried pushing the dent out with my foot again, gently. It went very easily with an audible "pop" and created an even bigger dent.
I walked away and started up the ladder, my partner was standing by the ladder, and all of the sudden I hear metal crunching and her screaming. The entire pool collapsed.
The walls were so badly rusted and the metal bolts holding the wall together were corroded and it couldn't have been caused by that leak alone.See for yourselves.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Namco Pools 15 Ft Round Pool
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Purewater Pools in Nepean Ontario sold us a Sundance tub 10 years ago. Sales and service was awesome. We "upgraded" as the Sundance was pretty worn out and this tub..."
- "My spa cover took 6 weeks to be delivered. Kyle explained that they never guess where a customer wants there tie downs. Apparently common sense is not there strong..."
- "Bought pool in 2010. It started to rust in 2012, tried to get the situation remedied without any luck, did not know what parts to get the cost of..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "I had a exam in March 2016 took 1 hour took script to be filled at another place turns out wrong script had headaches so went to dr pt and..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "I have been a Home Manager with Showhomes KC since 2014. The franchise owner here is Kent Welch and I've stayed with Showhomes because it's a well oiled machine. I..."
- "I have a 2003 Honda Accord Sedan. I had noticed it was getting hard to turn and wheezing around Aug 2015. I checked the power steering fluid, and..."
- "There is a video going around the world of a young african american girl dropping a burger bun and wiping it across the floor in the kitchen and continues to..."